[Ebook] ↠ Monster Author Walter Dean Myers – Thegreatwallonline.us

Monster A Stunning Black And White Graphic Novel Adaptation Of Walter Dean Myers S Michael L Printz Award Winner And New York Times Bestseller Monster, Adapted By Guy Sims And Illustrated By Dawud AnyabwileMonster Is A Multi Award Winning, Provocative Coming Of Age Story About Steve Harmon, A Teenager Awaiting Trial For A Murder And Robbery As Steve Acclimates To Juvenile Detention And Goes To Trial, He Envisions The Ordeal As A Movie Monster Was The First Ever Michael L Printz Award Recipient, An ALA Best Book, A Coretta Scott King Honor Selection, And A National Book Award Finalist.Now Monster Has Been Adapted Into A Graphic Novel By Guy Sims, With Stunning Black And White Art From Dawud Anyabwile, Guy S Brother.Fans Of Monster And Of The Work Of Walter Dean Myers And Even Kids Who Think They Don T Like To Read Will Devour This Graphic Adaptation.

[Ebook] ↠ Monster  Author Walter Dean Myers – Thegreatwallonline.us
  • Hardcover
  • Monster
  • Walter Dean Myers
  • 15 January 2018

10 thoughts on “Monster

Very moving and beautifully drawn I have to read the novel now.

Wonderfully illustrated but lacks some clarify in the narrative in the opening scenes for those unfamiliar with the story.

With listening to Serial, watching Making Murderer and reading All American Boys, I cannot get enough of media that explores the American justice system, flaws and all My full review

A powerful visual representation about social welfare in today s society and how African American youth are viewed by the justice system.

Sooo, I read this in, like, two hours lol I couldn t stop Excellent artwork and a pretty solid story.

Underwhelmed maybe I would have preferred the original to the graphic adaptation

Sometimes I feel like I have walked into the middle of a movie Maybe I can make my own movie The film will be the story of my life No, not my life, but of this experience I ll call it what the lady prosecutor called me MonsterWhile I m not 100 percent proof positive, I think I might have benefited from reading the novel first.Steve Harmon is sixteen years old and being tried as an accessory to murder Supposedly, he s been accused of being the lookout to a robbery that resulted in theSometimes I feel like I have walked into the middle of a movie Maybe I can make my own movie The film will be the story of my life No, not my life, but of this experience I ll call it what the lady prosecutor called me MonsterWhile I m not 100 percent proof positive, I think I might have benefited from reading the novel first.Steve Harmon is sixteen years old and being tried as an accessory to murder Supposedly, he s been accused of being the lookout to a robbery that resulted in the murder of a local store owner He claims he s innocent, but in the eyes of the public he s nothingthan another messed up black teenager from the wrong side of the tracks As the trial proceeds, Steve begins to think of his experience akin to a movie and writes it down in the form of a screenplay, partly to let the truth come out and partly to keep himself from going insaneWe lie to ourselves in here Maybe we are here because we lie to ourselvesInterspersing...

Myer s 1999 novel is a favorite class discussion novel for our 8th grade, so it was interesting to see it adapted into a graphic novel Steve Harmon is an African American teenager who is very interested in film, and the book is presented as if it is the screenplay for a movie Harmon is making for class Steve is on trial because he is accused of being the lookout for a robbery that ended in a drugstore owner being shot Steve protrays his neighborhood, the people he knows, and his perception of Myer s 1999 novel is a favorite class discussion novel for our 8th grade, so it was interesting to se...

3.5The art style is really beautiful, and it does give a brutally blunt picture of some negative aspects of the judicial system I have not read the original novel, but I m betting pretty heavily that the novel format suits the narrative better than this adaptation does The graphic novel definitely ...

The original book is excellent, and so is the graphic novel A powerful story.